Buying Books




My weakness is buying books.

I have a serious problem.

For example, today I knew I needed to go to the bookstore to get one magazine for my art class. Granted, it was not necessary for me to have said magazine, since I found some clippings the other day.

The grand total should have been $7. 





Instead, I head towards my Kryptonite: “The. Bargain. Section.” Most books are $6. Not bad, eh? I found a really cute chic-lit book, got it approved by Goodreads and it was a go! Until... I decided to peruse the shelves once more. I found a book about a half-Japanese half-American girl who is placed in the Mazanar camp. Fascinating. Also, $6. I don’t think I made the correlation that two books at $6 make $12. I thought it was all a bargain. 

It did not end there.

I remembered that I had yet to buy a calendar so... I got one. But, it was 50% off! Such a deal. 

And I remembered, after all that the magazine!!! How could I forget. I add to my basket a beautiful magazine for the modest sum of $7

Oops.

Got to the cash. The cashier lets me know that one of my books is at a dollar! YAY, what a bargain! I knew with all my heart that my grand total would come to $20. Sadly, not the case. A whole whopping $30... 

And... I do what I know best. I get rid of the essentials. In this case... the magazine.

Perfect.

6 comments

  1. I am obsessed with buying books - and I can't resist a bargain. One day I will have the library of my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! I dream about the library from Beauty and the Beast.

      Delete
  2. I used to be so bad with this as well! I've only bought one new book this year so far, and last year I bought 5, and haven't read a single one of them yet... I'm banning myself from buying more until I've read some of them! :) Tania Michele xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahah! Good luck to us both! Yesterday, I slipped up and bought The Chronicles of Narnia....

      Delete
  3. Haha, bargains on bargains! So I need to get better at actually buying books. I have a list of books I want to get, but still haven’t made the time to buy them. Reading is so important so I’m definitely going to make strides to get it together. Great and funny post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your comment! Yes, we need to get it together!

      Delete