Negative Nancy


Let's face it. I am a Negative Nancy. I am able to turn any situation negatively. About a month ago, my boyfriend told me about this great restaurant he had been to. He wasn't even able to tell me how the food was delicious and what he had chosen to eat that I started ranting.


 I told him about the girl who worked there who I thought was a superficial attention-seeker (when I did get to know her, I realized how mistaken I was). I told him how I did not like her and all the instances she had hurt me. Side note: I talked to my sister about it and she said the same thing about not wanting to eat there.

He stopped me there.

He said: "I'm calling you to say that I've had this amazing meal and you're just... GOSSIPING?" 

Instead of taking the plunge and trying out a new restaurant, I became negative because of one person I did not like. 

I turned what could have been a nice  dinner into a rant of everything she did to me. I made it all about myself. 

I don’t recall what we did instead but it had nothing to do with amazing food.


I’m trying to be more positive, I am.

Somethings that have been helping me are:

- Stop myself and reflect when I say “I don’t like” or “I don’t want”. 

- Wake up to a positive quote 

- Write down 3 things that were positive during the day.

Do you have any ideas to stay positive? 

No comments