Osheaga 2018




I’ve always wanted to go to a major musical festival and, this summer I did! I went to Osheaga which is, by a stretch, our Montreal version of Coachella. Ok, really by a stretch. But to give you an idea there were 45,000 attendees per day for three days.

And I was one of them.

My friend and I bought the tickets on a whim. We were on a terrasse, having a beer, and one of us said: “I’ve always wanted to go to Osheaga”. We both thought, well, why not?

And so, we were able to see performances from our favourite and new artists.

But it was hot. IT WAS HOT. Like, 40 degrees Celsius hot. 

So hot that the lines to fill up water bottles were longer than the lines to get drinks.

Performances we saw were from artists Lauv, Dua Lipa, Post Malone, James Bay and Florence and the Machine. 

We also walked around, went on the Ferris wheel and got freebies.

Lauv has cutesy songs to wave your hands to. I like his songs so much because of that first love and first heartbreak feel you could get from them.



Dua Lipa’s performance was so much fun to watch. She has so much energy when she sings and dances around the stage. She also puts the same amount of emotion in songs that are more mellow. This song was a favourite of mine. 



James Bay. Don’t get me wrong I love his lyrics and I love his songs and he is amazing live. It’s just that it was so hot and he had the sun in his face the whole performance that I think it affected his singing and playing. He looked tired and he looked like he wanted to get this over with. 



My favourite was Post Malone! This guy is amazing! He seemed so real on stage and sang with a lot of heart. I can’t stop listening to his latest album. I found a video of his Osheaga performance on YouTube:



I’ll never forget this day and I hope to return soon.

No comments